Sunday, March 25, 2012

Choco-Stachios



I love chocolate. A lot. And pistachio pudding. And cookies. So why not combine them all? I've been wanting to try out all these pudding cookie recipes I've been seeing on pintrest, so tonight, I did just that! 

I didn't quite like the way some of the recipes looked though... so I did some tweaking.

I added more vanilla, because, personally, I think it can never hurt. 

I added salt (the recipe had none...) because it helps bring out the sweetness.

I added baking powder, just because.

I added cocoa powder, because I didn't want my cookies to look a gross green of the brown sugar and pistachio pudding, and more chocolate is ALWAYS better.

...And they came out beautifully.

Seriously...

I've never seen cookies disappear so quickly. 

This recipe makes almost 4 dozen cookies, and I swear they were gone before they even hit the table... Like my hubs likes to say, "I was on it like a bulldog on a pork chop!"



Choco-Stachios

Ingredients:
3/4 c butter (1 1/2 sticks) softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.4 oz.) package instant pistachio pudding
2 eggs
1/2 cup cocoa powder (you can add more cocoa powder if you want chocolat-ier, just make sure to take out the equivalent of flour, otherwise you will dry out your cookie dough.)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (mexican or madagascar vanilla ROCKS.)

2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I'm a fan of Ghirardelli's 60% cocoa chips) 

Preheat oven to 350F.

Cream together the softened butter, sugars, pudding, eggs, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the creamed mixture and stir with wooden spoon until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.

(the flash made the dough and cookies look kinda not-so-chocolatey, but I promise, they were!)

Scoop cookie dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet with cookie scoop 



Bake for 8-12 minutes. Mine are perfect at 10 minutes, but ovens vary. Check them at 8 minutes then keep cooking until they are perfect for you.


Ta-da! Now watch them disappear!

No comments:

Post a Comment